Director of Economic Development
Posted: August 12th, 2019
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Director of Economic Development responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Facilitate community and economic development planning in order to identify and establish economic development opportunities.
• Identify opportunities for community economic development in order to develop sectors, projects and initiatives.
o Assist with the development of job creation projects
o Conduct surveys and research on market opportunities
• Secure funding for economic development activities and programs.
o Prepare proposals for funding to support community economic
• Assist local organizations, businesses and individuals with establishing economic and community development plans, businesses and projects
o Maintain files and records on local businesses and economic development opportunities
• Promote the community in order to expand economic development opportunities
o Represent the community at regional, territorial and national meetings and conferences on economic development
Requirements and Qualification:
• Bachelors in business administration, commerce or equivalent education in the field of community economic development; or have a Professional or technical aboriginal economic developer certificate.
• Working knowledge of infrastructure, and planning programs and processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, engineers, architects, contractors, developers, businesses, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
• Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and economic development practitioners.
• Ability to prepare and analyze reports and data, and have skill in the operation of necessary tools and equipment, i.e. computer, word processing, spreadsheet software, and general office equipment.
• Must demonstrate strong time-management skills, organization skills, leadership skills, communication skills, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with First Nation communities and organizations is strongly preferred.
• Have a valid driver’s license AND access to transportation
• Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record and a vulnerable sector check prior to interview
Anticipated Start Date: Sept 9, 2019
Closing Date: Sept 4, 2019 at 4:00 PM - We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou by email or in person:
Tel: (506) 684-6288 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.)
April 13th, 2017
Ugpi'ganjig Newsletter April 2017
September 8th, 2016
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2016
July 27th, 2015
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2015
Fill up on gas, stock up on snacks, grab a bite to eat at the adjacent restaurant or take a look at some native crafts.
To find out about more services available and hours of operation, click + LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE
Learn more about the demographics and successes achieved by Eel River Bar First Nation.
+ LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE