Posted: August 12th, 2019
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Housing Technician/Technologists’ responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Progress and compliance inspections for all Capital and Housing projects for the Eel River Bar First Nation
• Assist in the project development and management of projects as assigned
• Assist in the development of the XYNTAX System for the Eel River Bar First Nation
• Job assessment inspections for housing renovations and repairs along with developing the scope of work for said renovations and repairs
• Administrative work as it relates to First Nation Housing Programs through Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and Indigenous Services Canada
• Draft up house plans (using CADD) for various renovation projects, new builds and special projects
• Other related duties as required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, a two year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong work ethic and highly productive time management ability
• Computer aided drafting and design in the area of house plans
• Demonstrated experience and success providing support in a technical role
• Ability to relate to, communicate with, capture the interest, trust and respect of individuals with exceptionalities
• Good oral and written communication skills
• The ability to effectively control and deal with difficult people and or stressful situations
• Good human relations and interpersonal skills
• Effective technical writing, record keeping and reporting
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong critical thinking, independent judgment and problem solving skills
• The ability to build effective relationships with the housing department team, Eel River Bar First Nation leadership, employees, contractors, etc…
• Submission of a current criminal record that meets all requirements of working with a vulnerable sector check prior to interview.
• Valid driver’s license and willing to travel from time to time.
• Preference may be given to Eel River Bar First Nation Members.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience in accordance with current salary scales of Eel River Bar First Nation
Closing Date: September 6, 2019 at 11:55 A.M- We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou by email or in person:
Tel: (506) 684-6288 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.)
ERB.Housing Tech.C&H.2019 v2.pdf
April 13th, 2017
Ugpi'ganjig Newsletter April 2017
September 8th, 2016
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2016
July 27th, 2015
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2015
Fill up on gas, stock up on snacks, grab a bite to eat at the adjacent restaurant or take a look at some native crafts.
To find out about more services available and hours of operation, click + LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE
Learn more about the demographics and successes achieved by Eel River Bar First Nation.
+ LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE