Social Worker (SWII) Prevention Program
Posted: September 9th, 2019
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN CFS Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Social Worker (SWII) Prevention Program responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Develop prevention programs/activities to better serve the Community
• Work in collaboration with the cultural coordinator and liaise with community agencies and supports.
• Be proactive within the community by facilitating workshops, groups, etc., as required
• Counseling children struggling with behavior management issues at the school, counseling and assessing adults with addictions,
• Assisting Child Protection SWs with supportive services,
• Responding to walk-ins in crisis and linking with other programs and committees to improve community services for youths.
• Be responsible for case management & documentation with NB Families, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff, community, and with internal and external professionals as well as sit on committees
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social work and must be an active registered member in good standing of New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
• A knowledge on addictions and the effects on individuals and families
• Knowledge of First Nation socio-economic realities and the provision of culturally safe care and a genuine interest in working with Mi’kmaq culture.
• Ability to use office technology, software and applications/NB Families
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Reliability, sound judgment, adaptability, and flexibility
• Critical thinking and decision making skills
• Planning organization skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain case file recording/NB Families
• Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record and a vulnerable sector check prior to the interview.
• Valid drivers’ license
Closing Date: Sept 20, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou, Human Resources Officer by email or in person:
Tel: (506) 684-6288 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References)
ERB.CFS Social Worker Prevention..JobPosting2019.pdf
April 13th, 2017
Ugpi'ganjig Newsletter April 2017
September 8th, 2016
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2016
July 27th, 2015
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2015
Fill up on gas, stock up on snacks, grab a bite to eat at the adjacent restaurant or take a look at some native crafts.
To find out about more services available and hours of operation, click + LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE
Learn more about the demographics and successes achieved by Eel River Bar First Nation.
+ LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE