ADAP Worker Interim
Posted: September 20th, 2019
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies, the Health Policies, and maintaining CONFIDENTIALITY at all times, the ADAP Worker responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Serve as a Role Model by practicing personal wellness plan
- Screen, access and determine client needs
- Undertake and support program such as healing circles, al-anon, A.A., N.A., sponsorships etc.
- Collaborate and network with other department and community organizations
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of case files
- Write quarterly, annual reports
- Provide one-on-one, family and group counseling whenever necessary and refer clients to clinical support services and to other appropriate professionals
- Create and maintain a follow up program for clients returning from treatment
- Develop and provide substance abuse information services through workshops, ligature that are First Nations Orients and Holistic.
- Participate in team meetings both internal and external
- High school education or equivalent
- Drug and Alcohol Free
- Canadian Addictions Certification
- 2 years’ demonstrated experience working as a counsellor in the field of addictions
- Preferred skill areas are Non-Violent Communication/Conflict Resolution, Life Skills Coaching,
- Treatment center, counseling, gamblers anonymous, anger management, smokers anonymous, training would be an asset.
- Trained to organize and facilitate group meetings and to present workshops.
- To create and implement programs to educate youth on addiction, cause and effects.
- Strong communication: written and oral
- Possess a sound understanding and appreciation of First Nation Culture and Issues.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Required to work daytime/evenings/nights/weekend hours as necessary
- Preference may be given to First Nation ancestry that possesses the minimum qualification required.
- Bilingual while not necessary, would be considered an asset
- Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record and a vulnerable sector check prior to interview.
Closing Date: September 30, 2019 - We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou, Human Resources by email or in person:
Tel: (506) 684-6288 E-mail: Kathy.email@example.com
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.)
ERB.AdapWorker. Job Posting2019.pdf
April 13th, 2017
Ugpi'ganjig Newsletter April 2017
September 8th, 2016
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2016
July 27th, 2015
ERBFN Financial Statements - March 2015
Fill up on gas, stock up on snacks, grab a bite to eat at the adjacent restaurant or take a look at some native crafts.
To find out about more services available and hours of operation, click + LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE
Learn more about the demographics and successes achieved by Eel River Bar First Nation.
+ LEARN MORE
+ LEARN MORE