Eel River Bar First Nations
December 17 2020
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 main St. Unit 201, Eel River Bar First Nation, NB, E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-6277 Fax: (506) 6846283
Eel River Bar First Nation
Director of Finance
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours of Work: 35 Hrs/week
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the overall Finance and Administration of the Eel River Bar First Nation (ERBFN) and Osprey Truck Stop. This position is also responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting system. The incumbent is responsible for all financial services of the ERBFN / Osprey Truck Stop, and to ensure a cost-effective financial administration of the organization.
The position supervises the finance team. The Director of Finance works on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs.
Other responsibilities of the role include leading and developing the finance team by managing and reviewing the activity in the accounting area, ensuring internal control compliance and timely, accurate reporting. This also includes educating other ERBFN staff members by raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters. This role also provides leadership and coordination in the planning, auditing, accounting, financial reporting and contract and procurement management.
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Director of Finance responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Auditing, Accounting
- Financial and External Reporting
- Contract and Procurement Management
- Other related duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Administration.
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CAFM) or MBA is required.
- Five (5)+ years of experience in a Finance a management capacity
- Experience in strategic planning & execution; with knowledge of contracting, negation & change.
- Experience working in a First Nation environment/organization would be an asset.
- A combination deemed equivalent of training and experience can be taken into consideration.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in organizational development or transition management
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated experience with GAAP
- Exceptional time management skills and superior analytical skills
- Exceptional decision-making skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills and able to demonstrate proficiency in accounting software
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must have proven ability to multi-task, set priorities effectively and excellent attention to details
- Must demonstrate a high level of accountability
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to meet sensitive deadlines and excellent organizational skills and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Must be a team player, be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Must exhibit good leadership skills and be able to handle sensitive information in a confidential matter
- Emotional maturity
- Must demonstrate an ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record prior to interview.
January 22, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou by email or in person:
Tel: (506) 684-6288
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 2 References.)
Only qualified applicants will be contacted
ERBFN reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2020 Director of Finance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com