February 22, 2021
Eel River Bar Community Daycare
11 Main Street, Unit 201, Eel River Bar, NB E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-1196 Fax: (506) 684-6284
Early Childhood Worker
The Eel River Bar Community Daycare is currently seeking one individual to fill the role of Early Childhood Educator. He/She will be responsible to develop and implement a program for young children according to the Emergent Approach with the guidelines of AQI and core values. He/She must address the emotional, cognitive, social, and physical needs of both individual and groups of children while effectively communicating with staff and parents. The Early Childhood Educator will report directly to The Daycare Coordinator as well as fulfilling all roles and responsibilities that are expected of the position during this time period.
Hours of work: 7:45 – 5:15 PM (subject to change)
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Early Childhood Educator responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Create lesson plans
- Individualize the curriculum
- Lead Daily Activities
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe
- Encourage and Engage children
- Keep Classroom Clean and Stimulating
- Ensure positive communication with parents
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of the Centre
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Promote the Centre within the community
Qualifications and Skills/Experience
|· 19 years of age
· Successfully received a High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2-3 years experience working in a childcare setting
· Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
· Must have working knowledge of computers and computer programs.
· Valid First Aid/CPR Certificates
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skill, problem-solving skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills, decision making skills, have ability to assess situations, and be able to set priorities
|· Mature and responsible attitude towards children, parents, staff and work
· Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to interview. Including a CFS Record Check.
· Knowledge and understanding of the culture, history and traditions is an asset
· Have a valid driver’s license AND access to reliable transportation
· Willingness to work flexible hours
· Must be willing to complete the Staff Medical Form within a month of employment
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
Please make application to the attention of Kathy Pictou, HR by email or in Human Resource Drop box outside Band Office:
Phone #: (506) 684-6288
We thank all those who apply.
Eel River Bar Education reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2021 Early Childhood Educator.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com