March 1, 2021
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 Main Street, Unit 201, Eel River Bar, NB E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-1196 Fax: (506) 684-6283
Eel River Bar First Nation
Human Resources Employment Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resources Employment Coordinator will be responsible to ensure the successful operation of the Summer, Seasonal and Casual/Part-Time Work Programs. Human Resources is seeking an individual who is motivated, energetic, can actively take the lead on activities and programs, and be a positive role model.
Duties: The responsibilities of the Human Resources Employment Coordinator will include but not limited to:
- Source and identify, in consultation with Directors, Supervisors and Human Resources and local business partners, available employment opportunities for ERFN Summer, Seasonal and Casual/Part-Time Work Programs, and assist with the development of job descriptions for the available positions.
- Source, implement and oversee special work projects and assignments for summer students to ensure a minimum 35 hour work.
- Actively seek and negotiate employment partnership opportunities for students with local businesses and organizations and act as liaison for students.
- Actively seek, create, maintain and implement summer student/seasonal work schedules.
- Monitor student/seasonal workers attendance and report any concerns to the HR.
- Maintain active and regular contact with Summer, Seasonal and Casual/Part-Time Workers, including but not limited to phone calls, emails, instant messages, Facebook, interoffice memos and letters and provide assistance wherever possible.
- Process Summer, Seasonal and Casual/Part-Time Workers paperwork for HR and Finance, including applications for leave and weekly time-sheets.
- Scheduling site visits and picking up supplies for students/Seasonal workers when needed.
- Coordinates ERB landscaping/grounds maintenance program including cutting grass, planting, caring and removal of shrubs/trees, cleaning sidewalk and band parking lot, weed control, brush removal, leaf collection, litter collection lots on/around band office and community.
- Monitors safety, quality, and quantity of work performed by assigned employees.
- Maintains daily, weekly, monthly reports as requested by Supervisor.
- Must have a grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have experience planning, organizing and prioritizing work responsibilities.
- Must have a Valid Drivers’ License and reliable means of transportation with liability insurance (for off site visits)
- Provide a current Criminal Record and a Vulnerable Sector (SV) check.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to provide clear direction to staff regarding work assignments etc.
- Ability to work well with others. (team player)
- Ability to show initiative and work independently and unsupervised.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and computer programs. (ex. Microsoft word, excel, power point and database)
- Some knowledge of and/or experience with general office equipment.
CONSIDERED AND ASSEST:
- Knowledge and understanding of Native culture, traditions, teachings, and community dynamics and previous related experience on a First Nation.
- Possess a level 1 First Aid and CPR Certificate, Pre-coordinating and Safety and/or WHMIS certification
- Human Resource experience or training
- Send resume, including a cover letter in person or via e-mail to:
DEADLINE: March 12, 2021
(Applications will not be accepted after this date and time.)
Eel River Bar First Nation reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2019 Student Employment/Seasonal Worker Coordinator.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com