June 18, 2020
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 main St. Unit 201, Eel River Bar First Nation, NB, E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-6277 Fax: (506) 6846283
ERBFN Child & Family Services
CFS Administrative Assistant
Interim – Maternity leave Replacement (April 30, 2021)
Reports to: Director of Child & Family Services
Hours of Work: 35 Hrs/week
Eel River Bar First Nation Child & Family Services is seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant – Interim/Maternity Leave Replacement to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Child & Family Services, the selected candidate will provide day-to-day support and administrative assistance to the Child & Family Services Department. This position will require a highly-qualified individual to ensure the smooth, efficient and professional operation of the office and administrative functions of ERBFN Child & Family Services.
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN CFS Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Administrative Assistant – Interim/Maternity Leave Replacement responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide accurate and efficient administrative support to the Child & Family Service department.
- Speak with the public and members in person and on the telephone, and provide information.
- Manage and record information
- To organize and maintain an accurate and confidential filing system.
- Complete billing on a regular basis
- To complete all filing administrative duties
- To provide reports for AANDC, and related funding and support agencies
- To support the directors work plans and requests for completion
- Maintain a calendar of events and staff travel
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary training institution in Office Administration Program
- with experience working in an administrative/Secretarial or receptionist position, preferably with a First Nation organization
- skills in relevant electronic business systems such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- A good understanding of Mi’gmaq culture, history and socioeconomic conditions
- the ability to serve community members in English or Mi’gmaq would be a considerable asset
- A valid first aid and CPR certification.
- Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record and a vulnerable sector check prior to interview along with a Prior contact check with the Department of Social Development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Reliability, sound judgment, good organizational skills, adaptable to change, display professionalism and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- The commitment to work long and/ or flexible hours to ensure the division is able to respond to client and organizational needs.
Closing Date: July 17, 2020
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.)
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou by email.
Tel : (506) 685-7164
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com