Eel River Bar First Nation
Reports to: Director of Capital & Infrastructure
Hours of Work: Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm
The Eel River Bar First Nation is currently seeking to fill (2) positions for Janitor.
Job Description: The position is to provide janitorial services at 11 Main Street, Eel River Bar First Nation N.B. including but not limited to the physical building in the specified area (see Appendix “A”) and provide the following services.
- Weekly Services
- Vacuum carpets as needed, and at least once per day
- Sweep non carpeted floors as needed, and at least once per day
- Wash/mop non carpeted floors as needed, and at least once per day
- Dust desk tops, filing cabinet tops, table tops, counter tops, window sills and other areas as needed and at least once per day.
- Sweep sidewalk outside entrance and entry as needed and at least once per week.
- Clean windows and Glasson doors as needed and at least once per week.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms as needed, and at least every hour. Maintain toilet facilities in clean and sanitary conditions. Also, at least daily, replenish supplies in restrooms.
- Empty wastebaskets as needed, and at least once per day. Put trash in garbage shed during or at the end of each shift.
- Perform other services necessary to maintain premises in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Spot clean walls as required
- Move furniture and equipment as required
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place of working
- Services needed periodically
- Wash both sides of windows and blinds monthly.
- Clean all walls (painted and paneled) once per year.
- Clean sides and fronts of filing cabinets, bookcases, storage cabinets, and desk every month.
- Clean entrance runners as needed, and at least once every week.
- Steam clean carpets at least four times a year (develop a schedule)
- Remove snow from entrances, walkways and other service areas (ie. Wheelchair access ramp). Salt as required. Ensure salt is available at all times for use by staff to address urgent issues of snow and ice that may arise from time to time.
- Key service hours are between 10:00am to 6:00pm daily. Scheduling is to be agreed to between the Manager of Capital and Housing and the janitor. The minimum number of on-site hours of work for the janitor per week is hereby established as 39(thirty-nine)
- Council agrees to provide paper towels, hand soap, toilet paper for restrooms as well as other cleaning supplies is available in administration building.
- “A”, “B”, and “C” above should serve as a checklist for evaluation of janitorial services.
- Janitor and all janitor employees agree to adhere to Council’s nonsmoking policy at all times.
Specified Cleaning Area for the posted janitor position.
- All Areas within the central portion of the band administration building including but not limited to: the hallways and common areas on the first floor from the Education Department to the Canada games portion of the Band administration building; all washrooms on the first fand second floor of the central portion of the band administration building; the kitchen; the elders room; the offices for the Education Department, Culture, Finance, Capital, Child and Family, and Social assistance.
- The heating and electrical room will be primarily assigned to you with backup responsibilities shared by all janitors on a need to act basis.
- Standards as per Covid-19 guide (until such time as the pandemic had ceased)
- Other duties as assigned.
*** (Only qualified candidates will be contact for interview.) ***
Closing Date: November 27th, 2020
Please make application to the attention of Mike Isaac, HR by email or place in HR drop box outside Band Office:
Phone #: (506) 684-6288
We thank all those who apply.
ERBFN HRD reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2020 Janitor positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com