APC JOB OPPORTUNITY SUMMER STUDENT POSITION – AAEDIRP Research Assistant 8-Week Employment Opportunity
Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nations Chiefs Secretariat (APC) is seeking to Research Assistant to support APC’s Atlantic Aboriginal Economic Development Integrated Research Program. The position will work out of the APC Head Office located at 153 Willowdale Drive, Dartmouth, NS.
The position will encompass a wide range of areas including: researching climate change, Indigenous Youth Engagement, and supporting AAEDIRP’s goals.
Who can apply?
The successful candidate for the position must be of Aboriginal ancestry, and currently enrolled in college or university.
Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment, a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on who refugee protection has conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and, is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Abilities & Skills:
• The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision;
• Should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills;
• Possess the ability to network, build effective relationships, communicate appropriately and represent the APC at meetings and other gatherings;
• Should have knowledge of Mi’kmaq and Maliseet communities, organizations, culture and traditions.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Support the AAEDIRP Department on climate change research, youth engagement and supporting a youth conference;
• Participate on matters affecting, to AAEDIRP’s research into climate change;
• Participation in APC meetings and working groups, as necessary;
• Assist in the development of communication materials AAEDIRP’s youth engagement strategy, when necessary;
• Ensure all documents produced have correct content, context, accuracy, consistency and the use of proper spelling, grammar and punctuation;
• Maintains good rapport within the organization, First Nations communities and the general public by being courteous, cooperative and conscientious; and
• All other office administrative duties required.
• If you are qualified and want to become part of the APC team, please email, your cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) in confidence by 4:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time, May 28, 2021. Please include Competition # 2021-05-05 in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
If you are qualified and want to become part of the APC team, please email, your cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) in confidence by 4:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time, May 28, 2021. Please include Competition # 2021-05-04 in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
No applications accepted beyond the closing deadline. If all qualifications are equal, preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com