TWO SUMMER STUDENT POSITIONS – HEALTH POLICY RESEARCH ANALYST
8-Week Employment Opportunity
Atlantic Policy Congress of First Nations Chiefs Secretariat (APC) is seeking to hire two (2) health policy research analysts to support APC’s Health Department. The position will work out of the APC Head Office located at 153 Willowdale Drive, Dartmouth, NS.
These two positions will work directly with the Health Department on existing health files that may include: COVID-19, the Atlantic First Nations Health Partnership and its various committees, Mi’kmaq Maliseet Atlantic Youth Council, Health Directors, Health Conference, Mental Wellness, Public Health and Primary Care, Non-Insured Health Benefits, Aboriginal Health Human Resources Initiative, Indian Residential Schools, and Indian Day Schools.
Who can apply?
The successful candidate for the position must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment; a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person on who refugee protection has conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and, is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Abilities & Skills:
• The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision;
• Should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills;
• Possess the ability to network, build effective relationships, communicate appropriately and represent the APC at meetings and other gatherings; and,
• Should have knowledge of Mi’kmaq and Maliseet communities, organizations, culture and traditions.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Conduct research and provide timely, accurate, and relevant health programs/policy to support Senior Health Staff (and other designated health staff) in advising APC Chiefs, Health Directors, and Health Partnership members;
• Work on health files as assigned by the Director of Health;
• Maintaining files and keeping abreast of upcoming items/issues;
• Provide required research, analytical, and other support for the health department;
• As requested by the Director of Health, assist with the development of proposals, budgets, work plans, and reporting;
• As requested, attend and participate in Health Partnership meetings and its committees, and other relevant committees on advancing and research various health policy issues;
• Assist in the coordination of meetings and other administrative duties associated with health meetings;
• Ensure that SharePoint and webpage are up to date as requested by Director of Health; and
• Other duties as requested by Director of Health.
If you are qualified and want to become part of the APC team, please email, your cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references (in Word or PDF format) in confidence by 4:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time, May 28, 2021. Please include Competition # 2021-05-05 in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
No applications accepted beyond the closing deadline. If all qualifications are equal, preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com