Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre
February 24th, 2021
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 Main Street, Unit 201, Eel River Bar, NB E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-6288 Fax: (506) 684-6283
Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Reports to: Home Care Coordinator
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9 AM – 4 PM
Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of PSW. The PSW assists clients with normal activities of daily living that the client is unable to perform unassisted. Under the direction of the Home Care Coordinator, the PSW will perform duties as outlined in the service plan for the client(s). The duties vary according to the individual clients and families receiving service. The PSW must work within a goal-directed, outcome-based service plan and Client Driven Care philosophy.
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the PSW responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Light Housekeeping: laundry, floors, dishes, bed making etc.
- Personal care: Assist Clients with ADL, feedings, lifts & transfers, skin care, oral hygiene, bathing, toileting, and dressing clients
- Meal preparation
- Assist client with shopping needs
- Assist clients to appointments
- Ensure medication is taken properly
- Mobility assistance
- Record in daily log book
- Report and document unsafe conditions and any behavioral, physical or cognitive changes to supervisor
- Assist with other duties in accordance with individualized Care Task Plan
Qualifications and Skills/Experience
|· Current PSW certificate
· Possess a level 1 First Aid and CPR
· Food Safety Course
· Punctual, and good time management
· Be a team player and work unsupervised
· Flexible work schedule and able to adapt to changes/work environment
· Willingness and ability to be adaptable, build relationships, focus on clients’ needs and communicate effectively with Coordinator and Community
|· Excellent problem-solving skills, decision making skills, have ability to assess situations, and be able to set priorities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to interview.
· Preference may be given to Eel River Bar First Nation Members.
· Knowledge and understanding of the culture, history and traditions is an asset
Closing Date: March 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM – We thank all applicants; However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please make applications to the attention of by email or in person:
Phone #: (506) 684-6288
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References Letters.)
Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2021 PSW.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org