October 6, 2021
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 main St. Unit 201, Eel River Bar First Nation, NB, E8C 1A1
Phone: (506) 684-6277 Fax: (506) 684-6283
Eel River Bar First Nation
Full-time & Casual Positions
Reports to: Migaju’ House Team Leader
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week Variable rotation; work schedule may change to meet operational requirements
Eel River Bar First Nation is searching for dynamic and committed people to join its team as Specialized Educators for children in care. The successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of professional services and programs that focus on assistance and care services for first nation children and youth with complex needs, including but not limited to: physical or sensory disabilities; learning disabilities; significant behavioral issues; mental health issues; substance abuse autism spectrum disorder, and/or Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
Job Description: Adhering to the ERBFN CFS Conditions of Employment Policies and maintaining Confidentiality at all times, the Specialized Educators responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing interpersonal relationships and supporting clients of Child & Family Services.
- Participate in planning meetings for children and youth.
- Needs to be proactive and engaging in physical, emotional, therapeutic activities with the youth.
- Assisting children, youth and their families on an emotional, cognitive, physical and social level.
- Helping children and youth overcome everyday situations as well as promote their increasing autonomy and full potential.
- Managing behavioral issues.
- Following and implementing intervention programs that meet the children’s and youth’s needs.
- Ability to travel within assigned area.
- Meal preparation
- Maintain and safeguard documentation and case files and other relevant information as required under the ERBCFS’s policies and protocols.
- Provide counsel to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems.
- Serve as members on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups and act as advocates for client groups in the community.
- Develop and implement an Individual Service Plan with children, youth, their families and community.
- Ability to work flexible hours and regular 12-hour shifts as scheduled.
- Perform their duties in accordance with the policies and procedures adopted by Eel River Bar First Nation and/or the Child & Family Services from time to time in its sole discretion.
- A college diploma in youth care. community services, health sciences or social sciences.
- Must be a STRONG team player.
- Certification in basic life support or commit to obtaining it within a set deadline.
- A valid first aid certification.
- Completed a recognized non-violent crisis intervention program or commit to take the training within a set deadline.
- A combination deemed equivalent of training and experience can be taken into consideration.
- Applicants being considered for an interview MUST provide a current criminal record and a vulnerable sector check prior to interview.
- Knowledge of First Nation socio economic realities and the provision of culturally safe care.
- Computer skills specifically with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Reliability, sound judgment, good organizational skills, adaptable to change, display professionalism and flexibility.
- Able to practice active and reflective listening. Be dynamic, responsible, punctual, and autonomous.
- Client Service orientation.
- Recent and relevant experience is a distinctive asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Other training as required as per operational requirements.
Closing Date: November 8, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
Please make applications to the attention of Kathy Pictou, HR by:
email or to the Human Resources Drop-box outside of the Band Office.
(All applications must include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References.)
ERBFN reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw the above posting for 2021 Specialized Educators.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org