Update from Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre regarding additional response measures (Red Phase)
January 8th, 2021
To: Community Members and Staff
From: The Ugpi’ganjig Health Centre
Subject: Response Measures COVID-19
Community Members and Staff of Ugpi’ganjig,
The Ugpi’ganjig Pandemic Response Team has met on Friday, January 8th, 2021 to discuss the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak within the province and the current cases within Zone 5. As of today, there is a total of (143) active cases in the province of New Brunswick and (14) active cases within Zone 5.
The Ugpi’ganjig Pandemic Response Team has not been notified of any positive cases within the community or within our staff; however, given the fact that we have been made aware of (3) or more confirmed exposure risks that have been identified by Public Health through contact tracing amongst members of the community and staff, the Pandemic Response Team has determined that we will be transitioning to the RED (Moose) Phase of the Eel River Bar Community Recovery Phases.
As a result of transitioning to this phase in the recovery plan, we regret to inform you that effective immediately, all band operations and projects will be closed for a minimum of (14) days. The Pandemic Response Team will re-evaluate the risks prior to January 22nd, 2021 and provide further direction on operations moving forward.
The following programs will continue to operate with restrictions:
- The main phone line (506-684-5002) will be available to take calls from 9:00 am -11:00 am, Monday to Friday for messages or medical transportation requests.
- Medical transportation forms can be picked up and dropped off with advance notice. Susan Plourde (MT) can be reached at 506-686-1425.
- Home and Community Care will be available for clients requiring personal care, all other non-essential home care will be evaluated in (14) days.
- Meals on wheels will continue as usual.
- Community based water sampling will continue as usual.
- Nursing services will be limited to as needed, by appointment only, by telephone or video chat, etc.
Marylou LaBillois RN 506-686-0667
Misty LaBillois LPN 506-685-7047 or by email at Covid.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health Services will be available via telephone, video chat, etc.
Glenda Wysote-LaBillois 506-686-0596 or Kevin St. Laurent 506-789-8884
Mawlugutineg Wellness Team at email@example.com
- Addiction Services will be available by request, via telephone, video chat, etc.
Dwayne Ward – Certified Addictions Counsellor 506-760-1126
All other programs will be suspended until evaluated in (14) days
We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding during these trying times. Should you have any questions regarding this memo, please feel free to contact me at 506-760-0028.
In Spirit of Health,
Lynn LaBillois, RN, Director of Health