Dear Community Members and Staff,
The Chief and Council and Senior Staff Members met this morning to discuss steps moving forward in response to minimizing the spread of COVID-19 both within the community and band operations.
The goal of this meeting was to ensure the safety of community members and staff and being consistent with regulation of the federal and provincial health authorities in respect to precautions and measures that should be put in place to reduce the risk of contracting the virus.
The following discussions with in the Health Centre were reached and are effective today at 4:00pm.
1. Health Centre: The health center will be closed commencing at 4:00pm today for a period of 14 days. We anticipate a return to work on March 3l5t. The situation will be reassessed prior to 14 days and a memo will be distributed with the decision to open or extend.
2. The main phone line will be accessible to take calls from 9:00am to 10:00am and 1:00pm to
2:00pm Monday thru Thursday and 9:00am to 10:00am on Friday.
3. This measure has been taken to ensure the Health and Safety of our Community members, staff members and the general population and to encourage social distancing.
4. Essential Services: Home and Community Care Clients receiving personal care will remain on going. All non-essential home and community care services are suspended until further notice (Light housekeeping etc.).
5. Meals on Wheels: will continue as usual.
6. Medical Transportation: All Medical travel which requires use of the Health Centre’s fleet vehicles are suspended until further notice. Travel checks can be made if it is an emergency. Non-urgent medical travel will be reimbursed (receipts need to be provided) when the Health Centre re-opens.
7. All Program-related activities will be suspended until further notice.
8. Dr. Fontaine’s Clinic will be suspended and will resume when the Health Centre Re-Opens.
9. Water Monitoring will still continue.
We would like to thank everyone for patience and support during this period of time and assure you that all current and future discussions will be made with everyone’s best interest and health in mind. Should you have any questions regarding services please contact Misty LaBillois, the Health Director at 506-685-7047.