COVID-19 Community & Staff Notice
To: Community members and Staff
From: The office of Chief and Council
Subject: Response measures – COVID-19
Dear community members and staff;
The Chief, Council and Senior staff members met this morning to discuss steps moving forward in response to minimizing the spread of COVID-19 both within the community and within band operations.
The goal of this meeting was to ensure the safety of community members, staff and being consistent with the recommendations of the Federal and Provincial Health Authorities in respect to precautions and measures that should be put in place to reduce the risk of contracting the virus.
The following decisions were reached and are effective at 4:00 p.m. today.
- Band Operations: The band office will be closed commencing at 4:00 p.m. today for a period of 14 days. We anticipate a return to work on Tuesday, March 31st.The situation will be re-assessed prior to 14 days and a memo will be distributed confirming the assessment to re-open or extend. The main phone line will be accessible to take calls between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. on Friday. The number to call will be 684-6277. (This measure has been taken to ensure the health and safety of our community members, staff and the general population and to encourage social distancing.)
- Finance Department: There will be no interruption in the processing of bi-weekly payroll. The Finance Dept will only be processing emergency payments outside of payroll. All emergency payment request must be approved by the program Director and forwarded to Reta Alexander or Holly LaBillois by email. Should you have any questions you may contact Reta Alexander @ 686-0654 or Holly LaBillois @ 685-7028.
- Health Department: The Health Department will be issuing a memo with current updates and decisions.
- Social Assistance: Social Assistance will be delivered on Wednesday, March 18th @ the regularly scheduled time and place. There will also be a second post dated payment given at this time which will reflect the payment that is scheduled for Wednesday, April 1st. There will also be gift certificates handed out to social clients to purchase emergency supplies and non-perishable food items as a prevention should you need to self isolate. (Should you require additional information, please contact Susan LaBillois @ 685-0770.)
- Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will be issuing a memo with current updates and decisions.
- Education: Headstart, Preschool, Daycare and Leadership will follow the Province of NB recommended closure period. At this time, these programs are cancelled for a period of 14 days.
- Eel River Bar Gym: Effective immediately, the Eel River Bar Gym will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Chase the Ace: Chase the Ace will be canceled until further notice. All tickets and sales for this week will be held for the next draw. (Please keep your tickets for the next draw)
- Osprey Truck Stop Gaming: The Osprey Truck Stop Gaming Facility will be closed effective immediately and until further notice.
We would like to thank everyone for their patience and support during this period of time and assure you that all current and future decisions are and will be made with everyone’s best interest and health in mind.
Chief Sacha LaBillois
Eel River Bar First Nation