TO: EEL RIVER BAR FIRST NATION COMMUNITY
FROM: CHIEF & COUNCIL / FISHERIES COORDINATOR / ERB RANGERS
DATE: AUGUST 12, 2020
RE: LOBSTER TAGS & FALL FOOD FISHERY
Please be advised that Lobster Tags will be given out on August 26th at the Rangers Office starting at 9 am, and continuing until no tags remain. Please see the important information below concerning these tags:
- Tags will be given out on a first come / first served basis.
- NO non-native persons are permitted to fish.
- You are NOT permitted to ask for or receive any tags other than your own personal tags. A person must be available to pick up their own tags; there will be no exception to this rule.
- As per previous years, our season remains status quo and fishing can begin on September 1st, 2020 and all traps must be out of the water by the end of the day on October 31, 2020.
- NO berried lobster are permitted, and any that are found will be confiscated. Anyone caught doing this will be reported to DFO.
- The size of the lobster caught can be 77 mm and up. All vessels must have a gauge on board and must be able to show the gauge to the fisheries officers upon request.
- Any female lobsters up to 115 mm can be kept as long as they have no eggs. Anything between 115 mm but not more than 129 mm must be released with or without eggs. Anything over 129 mm can be kept as long as it has no eggs.