Good day community members,
As you all know, the province issued a state of emergency in New Brunswick on March 19th, 2020. With that being said, the onus is on us as community members to stop the spread of COVID-19. We can do this by being diligent in following these steps:
1. Stay Home – Staying home saves lives!
2. Practice Social Distancing – Maintain distance of 6 feet (2 meters) between you and others.
3. Limit contact with others and crowds – do not host or attend events with more than 10 people.
4. Wash your hands frequently – keep hands clean, by washing your hands for 20 seconds.
5. Disinfect common surfaces – Avoid contaminating common items and surfaces, disinfect doorknobs, light switches, phones, remotes, etc.
6. Postpone or cancel non-essential travel
7. Work from home if possible
We all need to take every precaution to protect those at highest risk of severe COVID-19. We need to act immediately and act together to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following are links to show how to properly wash your hands:
The outbreak of corona virus can be stressful for people and communities, it is natural to feel stress, anxiety, grief and worry during this stressful situation. There are things you can do to support yourself and your family.
• Check in with family electronically
• Take a break, stretch or meditate.
• Get plenty of sleep and exercise
• Share ACCURATE information to calm fears and misconceptions, use reliable sources of information
Glenda Wysote-LaBillois is available for counselling or ceremony if any community members are in need during this difficult time. Friday March 20th, 2020 there was a sunrise ceremony, a sacred fire was lit and was kept throughout the day for anyone wishing to make an offering.
You can contact contact Glenda Wysote-LaBillois by phone @ 506-686-0596 or @506-684-3742.
Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me, through Facebook, by text message or by calling me @506-685-7047.
We will get through this hard time as we always do, together as a community, as family.
Director of Health