January 08, 2021
Dear Ugpi’ganjig community members,
Since the onset of the Pandemic, the Ugpi’ganjig Pandemic Response Team have been monitoring the situation within our zone and province closely. As of today, we have (14) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Zone 5.
Given the fact that we have been made aware of more than (3) confirmed exposures to positive cases identified by public health through contact tracing amongst members of the community and staff. The Pandemic Response Team and Chief and Council have determined that we will be transitioning to the RED phase of the Eel River Bar Community Recovery Plan. (Please see attached on our website)
As of now, we still have no confirmed cases within the community or band operations, but this precautionary measure was the decision to curb the potential spread and risk of our confirmed exposures.
As a result of transitioning to the red phase, our operations also must take additional precautions which include closure of band operations and projects for a minimum of (14) days effective immediately. We will be following the situation closely and will provide an updated memo on January 22nd which will identify operational levels going forward.
Please know that we did not make this decision lightly and we have been looking at all perspectives, we feel that it was necessary in order to continue to protect the community and the staff from the spread and risks of COVID-19. We will continue to monitor the situation and always keep best interests of the health and safety of our community in mind with respect to all decisions going forward.
During the next 14 days our operations are as follows:
- Band Administration Building:The main phone line will be accessible Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. by calling 684-6277.
- Health Department:The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Social Assistance:Social Assistance payments will be delivered on Wednesday, January 20th @ the regularly scheduled time and place. (Physical Distancing and Face Masks will be mandatory.) Should you have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @ 685-0770.
- Child and Family Services:The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Education:The Education Department including pre-school will be closed and reassessed within (14) days.
- Daycare:The Daycare will remain closed and reassessed within (14) days.
- Eel River Bar Gym:The Eel River Bar Gym will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Osprey Truck Stop and Gaming Facility: The Osprey Truck Stop Convenience Store, CRT, Restaurant and Gaming Facility will remain open and under the guidelines of the Province of NB Operational Guidelines unless otherwise directed.
- Eel River Bar Chase the Ace:Operation measures to be determined and communicated by the Board of Directors
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate through these uncertain times. We continue to remain diligent and remind you that as the level of risk evolves with this virus we will continue to adapt and adjust accordingly. As always, our priority is the health and safety of all community members.
Chief Sacha LaBillois Kennedy
Eel River Bar Community Recovery Phase.