June 25th, 2020
To: Community members and staff
From: The office of Chief and Council
Subject: Phase 1- Return to work protocol
Dear community members and staff;
On June 24th, 2020 the Province of New Brunswick announced that Zone 5 will be moving to the yellow phase of the recovery and reopening plan on Friday, June 26th, 2020.
We are happy to announce that we will commence our phase 1 reopening plan on Monday, June 29th, 2020.
The Eel River Bar First Nation’s Chief, Council and Senior Management staff have consulted with one another to determine the best and safest recovery plan for the community and staff moving forward. Collectively, we have worked to ensure that there is a comprehensive COVID-19 return to work policy, COVID-19 Operational Plan, adequate sanitation supplies for all Band Buildings and personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff.
As a result of our discussions, the following measures have been put in place and will be effective on Monday, June 29th, 2020.
- Reduced operations Phase 1: In order to provide a transition period back to work that includes adapting to the “new normal”, all band departments will operate (3) days per week, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from June 29th to July 31st. There will be no interruption in the delivery of essential services as those that who can work from home will continue to do so. The main phone line will be accessible to take calls Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and between 9:00 to 11:00 on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please call 684-6277 during these designated hours, should you have any questions.
**Please note that the band office will be closed on Wednesday July 1st due to Canada Day.
- Access to Band buildings Phase 1: Staff will have access to their designated offices, designated meeting rooms and washrooms only. All other guests or visitors who are required to enter the building will be by appointment only and will be directed to a designated meeting area where physical distancing measures are established.
- Health Department: The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Social Assistance: Social Assistance payments will be delivered bi-weekly on Wednesdays @ the regularly scheduled time and place. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.)
- Rents: Rent payments will be available for pick-up on July 2nd,2020 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. only, in the main entrance of the Band Office. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.) Should anyone have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @685-0770.
- Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Education: Staff within the Administration and Leadership departments, will return to work; however, no in person classrooms or activities will occur during phase 1 and will be reassessed prior to the implementation of phase 2.
- Daycare: As safety precaution and to allow adequate time for a COVID-19 Daycare Operational Plan to be established and approved, the ERBFN Daycare will remain closed during phase 1 and will be reassessed prior to the implementation of phase 2.
- Eel River Bar Gym: The Eel River Bar Gym will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Chase the Ace: Chase the Ace will be cancelled until further notice. All ticket sales for the week of March 16th, 2020 will be held until the next draw. (Please remember to keep your tickets.)
- Osprey Truck Stop Gaming: The Osprey Truck Stop Gaming Facility will remain closed until further notice.
We wish to thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times and assure you that all of our decisions are made with the best interest of your health and safety in mind.
Chief Sacha LaBillois
Eel River Bar First Nation