Dear community members and staff;
We are happy to announce that we will be commencing our phase 2 reopening plan on Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
The Eel River Bar First Nation’s Chief, Council and Senior Management staff have consulted with one another to determine the best and safest recovery plan for the community and staff moving forward. Collectively, we have worked to ensure that there is a comprehensive COVID- 19 return to work policy, COVID-19 Operational Plan, adequate sanitation supplies for all Band Buildings and personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff.
As a result of our discussions, the following measures have been put in place and will be
effective on Monday Aug 4th, 2020.
1. Reduced operations Phase 2: The Band Administration Building will be open from Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be no interruption in thedelivery of essential services The main phone line will be accessible to take calls on Fridays between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please call 684-6277 during these designated hours, should you have any questions.
**Please note that the band office will be closed on Monday, Aug 3′, due to the NB Day Holiday.
2. Access to Band buildings Phase 2: Staff will have access to their designated offices, designated meeting rooms and washrooms only. All other guests or visitors who are required to enter the building will be by appointment only and will be directed to a designated meeting area where physical distancing measures are established.
3. Health Department: The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
4. Social Assistance: Social Assistance payments will be delivered bi-weekly on
Wednesdays@ the regularly scheduled time and place. (Please exercise social
distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.)
5. Rents: Monthly rent payments will be available for pick-up at the regularly scheduled location from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. only, in the main entrance of the Band Office. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.) Should anyone have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @685-0770.
6. Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
7. Education: The Education Department will issue a separate memo with current
updates and decisions.
8. Daycare: The Daycare is now open Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
9. Eel River Bar Gym: TBD
10. Osprey Truck Stop Gaming: The Osprey Truck Stop Gaming is now open following the COVID-19 Operational Plan.
11. Capital and Infrastructure: The Capital and Infrastructure Department will be
responsible for ensuring that sanitation measures under the COVID-19 Operational
Plan are occurring daily and that a complete sanitation of the Band Administration
Building takes place every Friday.
We wish to thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times and assure you that all of our decisions are made with the best interest of your health and safety in mind.
Chief Sacha LaBillois
Eel River Bar First Nation