EEL RIVER BAR FIRST NATION HOUSING & CAPITAL
WINTER PARKING LOT MAINTENANCE & SNOW PLOWING SCOPE OF WORK
2 Year Contract
Date: September 21, 2020
Project No. 2020-Area 1 Parking Lots/Snow Pile Removal
The project generally consists of winter parking lot maintenance such as sanding/salting, snow plowing, and large snow pile removal of the following properties; Band Administration, parking area for school buses, Health Center, Fisheries Complex Building, Church and Heritage Gardens.
Scope of Work
The project scope of work section is to be read in conjunction with other documents, see table list below, of the tender package to form the full scope of this contract. The scope of work includes, but not limited to:
- Provide winter parking lot snow plowing, sanding/salting, snow plowing, and large snow pile removal for Band Administration, Health Center, Fisheries Complex Building, Church, and Heritage Gardens;
- Ensure salting/sanding of parking lots within Eel River Bar First Nation reserve(s) in accordance with the standard snow clearing and road maintenance procedures as implemented by the Province of New Brunswick;
- Maintain, insure and license all equipment in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Indemnify the Eel River Bar First Nation against all claims or liabilities arising from any negligence or action of the operator;
- Carry out all activities pursuant to this contract in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Authorize the Eel River Bar First Nation to deduct, from any payment owing to the operator All costs associated with damages to the Eel River Bar First Nation property by virtue of the negligence or actions of the operator during the performance of his responsibilities pursuant to this agreement; and
- Save Eel River Bar First Nation harmless from any and all actions arising from the Service Provider’s performance of the responsibilities in this contract;
- Plowing must be completed prior to 7 am;
- Contractor must have a valid New Brunswick work safety number.
CALCULATION OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES
- NO other costs will be provided by the Company;
- Before any bill is sent to the Company, the Service Provider is responsible to ensure that fees are appropriate;
- Any additional snow removal charges above and beyond the snow pile removal must be approved by the Director of Capital, Housing & Infrastructure;
- Billing occurs at the end of each month with the description during that month.
REQUEST FOR FEE DETAILS & REMAINING WORK ESTIMATE
- Service Provider will provide, upon request, the itemized details of the work performed pursuant to the service agreement and other matter, as may be required in relation to this service agreement, as the Company may request.
- October 5, 2020
LOCATION OF PUBLIC OPENING / TENDER SUBMISSION
Eel River Bar First Nation
11 Main Street, Unit 201
Eel River Bar, NB
Tenders shall be made on the forms provided and signed by duly authorized personnel of the submitting company. Submission to be in a sealed envelope and identifies as:
Tender Eel River Bar First Nation- Winter Parking Lot Maintenance and Snow Plowing
Contractor to submit a proposed schedule with a bid response. At a minimum, the schedule to
Include the following milestones:
- Frequency of snow pile removal.
- Service to be provided from the months in the year 2020 -November & December.
Service to be provided from the months in the year 2021- January, February, March, April, November & December.
Service to be provided from the months in the year 2022-January, February, March & April.
|Additional Documents to be provided upon the request to Housing and Capital Department|
|1||Community Map||Locations of Parking Lots|
|2||Provincial Standard Snow Clearing and road maintenance procedures||Salt & Sanding best practice.|