April 9th, 2020
To: Community members and staff
From: The office of Chief and Council
Subject: Additional Response Measures – COVID-19
Dear community members and staff;
On March 19th, 2020, the Province of New Brunswick declared a state of emergency as an additional measure to reduce the threat and spread of COVID-19. As a result of these additional measures, the Chief, Council and Senior staff members have agreed to put additional measures in place to protect the health and well being of our community members and staff.
As a result of our discussions, the following measures have been put in place and are effective April 13th, 2020.
- All band operations will remain closed with an anticipated return to work day of May 4th, 2020. Should a state of emergency or a Level 1 threat still exist leading up to May 4th, we will reassess the situation and advise if an extended closure period will be required.
- Band Operations: The band office will remain closed. The main phone line will be accessible to take calls between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. on Friday. Please call 684-6277 during these designated hours should you have any questions.
- Health Department: The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Social Assistance: Social Assistance payments will be delivered on Wednesday, April 15th @ the regularly scheduled time and place. There will be an additional one-time supplement amount included on the payment. There will also be an additional post-dated cheque to reflect the payment that would have been due April 29th. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.)
- Rents: Rent payments will be available for pick-up on May 1st, 2020 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. only, in the main entrance of the Band Office. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals.) Should anyone have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @685-0770.
- Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Education: All programs within the Education Department will remain closed until further notice.
- Eel River Bar Gym: The Eel River Bar Gym will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Chase the Ace: Chase the Ace will be cancelled until further notice. All ticket sales for the week of March 16th, 2020 will be held until the next draw. (Please remember to keep your tickets.)
- Osprey Truck Stop Gaming: The Osprey Truck Stop Gaming Facility will remain closed until further notice.
We wish to thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times and assure you that all of our decisions are made with the best interest of your health and safety in mind.
Chief Sacha LaBillois
Eel River Bar First Nation