February 16, 2021
The Ugpi’ganjig Pandemic Response Team met on Monday, February 15th and is happy to announce that we have made a change to the level Orange (Fox) of the ERBFN Recovery Phases. This change coincides with recent changes made by the Province of New Brunswick to their Orange Level of Recovery and is supported by the current low risk of COVID 19 exposure in Zone 5.
The Pandemic Response Team will continue to assess the level of risk in Zone 5 and will make immediate adjustments to the level Orange (Fox) of the ERBFN Recovery Phases if deemed necessary.
Effective Monday, February 22nd, operations will be transitioning to a (4) day work week and the delivery of essential services will be as follows.
- Band Administration Building: Operating hours will be Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 4:00 by appointment only. The main phone line will be accessible on Fridays from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. by calling 684-6277.
- Health Department:The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Social Assistance: Social Assistance payments will be delivered @ the regularly scheduled time and place. (Physical Distancing and Face Masks will be required.) Should you have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @ 685-0770.
- Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
- Education: The education department will be open with enhanced measures and guidelines.
- Daycare: The Daycare will be open with enhanced measures and guidelines.
- Eel River Bar Gym: The Eel River Bar Gym will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Osprey Truck Stop and Gaming Facility: The Osprey Truck Stop Convenience Store, CRT, Restaurant and Gaming Facility will remain open and under the guidelines of the Province of NB Operational Guidelines unless otherwise directed.
- Eel River Bar Chase the Ace: Operation measures to be determined and communicated by the Board of Directors
As a reminder, we strongly encourage all staff to:
- Continue to follow all Public Health Guidelines in respect to COVID-19
- To stay home if you are feeling unwell
- To be tested if you have any symptoms
- To notify your immediate supervisor if you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are required to self-isolate.
Although there are currently no active cases of COVID-19 in Zone 5, these measures will ensure that we are doing our best to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by protecting the community, our co-workers and loved ones to the best of our ability.
On behalf to the Ugpi’ganjig Pandemic Response Team,
Director of Operations
Eel River Bar First Nation