June 12th, 2020
To: Community members and staff
From: The office of Chief and Council
Subject: Additional Response Measures – COVID-19
Dear community members and staff;
On Wednesday, May 27th, Zone 5 which stretches from Belledune to Saint Jean-Baptiste was returned to operating within the orange phase of the recovery and reopening plan. This action was taken as a result of new cases emerging in our Zone that present a high risk of transmission.
Since May 27th there has been a total of (33) new cases in our Zone. As of today, there is (29) active cases, (3) recovered and (1) death. As a result of the State of Emergency being extended, the significant increase in cases over the span of the last two weeks and the high risk of transmission associated with some of these cases, the Pandemic Response Team has collectively decided to extend the office closure and to reassess the situation on a weekly basis.
Our team will continue to closely monitor the situation within our area and will provide updates to the community and staff as needed.
As a result of our discussions, the following protective measures have been put in place and are effective June 11th, 2020.
1. All band operations will remain closed and will be reassessed on a weekly basis.The main phone line will be available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please call 684-6277 during these designated hours, should you have any questions.
2. Health Department: The Health Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
3. Social Assistance: The next scheduled Social Assistance payment will be delivered on Wednesday, July 8th @ the regularly scheduled time and place. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from
other individuals. As of May 28th, we ask that a face mask be worn when social distancing is not possible.) 4. Rents: Rent payments will be available for pick-up on July 2nd,2020 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. only, in the main entrance of the Band Office. (Please exercise social distancing during pick-up time and remain a distance of at least 6 feet away from other individuals. As of May 28th, we ask that a face mask be worn when social distancing is not possible.) Should anyone have any questions, please contact Susan LaBillois @685-0770.
5. Child and Family Services: The Child and Family Services Department will issue a separate memo with current updates and decisions.
6. Education: The Education Department will remain closed and reassessed on a weekly basis.
7. Daycare: The Daycare will remain closed and reassessed within phase 2 of the return to work plan.
8. Eel River Bar Gym: The Eel River Bar Gym will remain closed to the public until further notice.
9. Chase the Ace: Chase the Ace will be cancelled until further notice. All ticket sales for the week of March 16th, 2020 will be held until the next draw. (Please remember to keep your tickets.)
10. Osprey Truck Stop Gaming: The Osprey Truck Stop Gaming Facility will remain closed until further notice.
We wish to thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times and assure you that all of our decisions are made with the best interest of your health and safety in mind.
Chief Sacha LaBillois
Eel River Bar First Nation